Converting Me

I'm a work of art...still in progress

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm challenged lately....as if that's something new. I look at the stuff I have (a car, a motorcycle, a big dog, etc.) and I wonder if my life could be simplified...I wonder if it's right to simplify...

I mean, each of these things in and of themselves serve a great purpose. And I have enjoyed them for what they're worth. But my desire lately to simplify, to tighten my belt, grab my biscuits for the journey and run, is strong. I don't know if it's the words of Jesus just really convicting me or if I just like the things in my life to be compartmentalized and easy to handle...I'm not really sure it matters so much right now. I think what matters is faithfulness and obedience.

This is the kind of stuff that usually drives me nuts. I just want to know, and I want to know now...yep, that's me. I'm learning a lot about patience...waiting and enjoying God in the little places my stubborn mind and heart never thought he would want to occupy. He's making a fool of me, having me make these crazy choices amidst a world so centered on predictability and security.

Well, I figure I'm just going to be content being his fool, his child. It's not like my degree's getting me anywhere... ;)

so it's time to wait and enjoy the show...

4 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger adam said...

sounds like it's coming into the right focus to me...love ya bro..

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Lew said...

JP, living near you as I do, it is such a joy to read your blog.
Keep it up. Your journey really encourages me and will undoubtedly encourage and challenge many.

simplifying our lives is a joy to the soul that is marinated in grace... dwell deeply in the vine, today, everybody...

Pax...

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John I love you. -zach

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JP! It was good to hang out with you on Saturday at Tommy's visit :-) Maybe next time we will talk about something besides wrestling, Chuck Norris, cartoons and your momma jokes. On second thought, no we won't!
LT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home