Converting Me

I'm a work of art...still in progress

Thursday, October 05, 2006

October 5th Bible Study


Psa_18:1-50
vs. 30-36

Elisha
2Ki_6:11-17

"Open his eyes that he may see..."

Prophets

Sometimes they didn't seem to fit with anybody

1Pe_2:11
Heb_11:32-40
Heb_13:10-16

Royal priests
Jewish temple
we can now go into Most Holy Place

Heb_10:19-39

Go outside city gates
Dual identity: Priest as well as alien
Looking forward to new city, heavenly city

Priest and Prophet....any parallelism to spiritual gifts?

Hebrews
Jesus higher than angels
Jesus in line of Melchizadek
no beginning, no end, priest of "Land of Peace"
Jesus' sacrifice better than animals
Therefore we can enter Most Holy Place b/c of His love
So we have faith (1Co_13:13, Heb_11:13-16) to help us along way
Live as aliens and strangers...Why?
LOOKING FORWARD TO BETTER PLACE!!!!!
God is not ashamed of people who live like this
Heb_11:16

There are joys and pains....irregardless we live for another place
Men of God will be perfected when WE are joined with them!!!!! God is making a FAMILY!

THEREFORE....

We cast off sin....how?
Heb_12:1-3
FIX EYES ON JESUS
When I feel like I can't make it I can trust HE
is the author and perfector of faith
I can take heart LIKE HIM by focusing on heaven, not on the earthly trials....
Because he bought the way, because he is perfecting me, I can take hope!!
This is how we encourage one another and
keep each other from "growing weary and
losing heart..."
We look forward and take heart from Christ, and
that is how we can him outside the
camp Heb_13:10-14

God is a jealous God
Exo_20:5
Exo_34:14
Deu_4:24
Heb_12:29

So what do I do?

Rom_12:1-3
The discipline is to "renew my mind", to focus on
God and not run to my comforts....to be like
Jesus and look beyond the cross....not give in to
temptations
So we retreat to God like Jesus did...we FIX
OUR EYES ON CHRIST...
What is the result?
We test and approve God's will...
The trick is to cling, to nestle in, to discipline
myself to run to Jesus first, to be motivated by
my hope and faith and not my comfort

Heb_11:1-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home